Friday, July 16, 2004

*This entry is kind of sappy, just so you know and so you can't blame me if you read it and hate it.*

Sometimes a turn of events happens for reasons we don't understand, and it leads us to a certain point. My strange turn led me to this point right now.
I previewed "I, Robot" tonight. I liked it more than I've liked most movies this summer. I came home and on the way home decided to take all of my CDs in and start a project with my free time. But this led me to dragging out a box where I keep the empty CD cases in. I accidentally stumbled upon a copied CD of Matchbox 20, "Yourself or Someone Like You." I don't know why I burned this CD, who it is for, or why I even came across it. But I put it in to let it play, and 3 am came on. And, surely enough, it is 3am, and I am kind of lonely.
This isn't something I usually do. I don't do this kind of thing on my blog. But, here it is: I'm lonely. I miss my boyfriend. I miss him a lot. He's been busy lately, with an exchange student in his home of the female variety. And you know me, surely, if you're reading this, you know me. =) Anyway. I miss him. I've been going through a lot lately, and it's not been terribly impossible, I'm fine, but I have needed him a lot. He's been doing what he can to tend to me, but how much can you do from 6 hours away? It's also an odd situation because we both know that in less than a month we're moving in together, so this is something we can get through right now. This is true, however that doesn't make it much easier, especially when the rough times are now, and in a month it's going to be over. Which translates to me needing love, affection, and attention now.
I suppose this is kind of a delayed reaction to it all, the surgery is over and I'm fine. Regadless, though, I still find myself missing him most of the time. The kind where you dream about them and wake up disappointed that it wasn't a real encounter. The kind where your happiness is nearly bittersweet because you aren't sharing it with them at that moment. Where sadness is sadder just because they are the only person you want to help you feel better. Where you feel lonely even in the presence of others, because it's just not quite the same.
She says baby
it’s 3 am I must be lonely
when she says baby
well I can’t help but be scared of it all sometimes
says the rain’s gonna wash away I believe it.

No comments: