This is what I posted last New Year's. And, it's exactly how I've been feeling again lately. I guess seeing friends around town again just always brings back those feelings....and then, seeing them leave town...
It seems the hardest thing I have had to learn, to accept, is that not only is my life
continuing, so is everyone else's. And the fact that I can't take time every day to call
people and catch up on what they're life is like, what they had for breakfast, and how
they're parents are....it can really bother me.
My room is filled with pictures from what made up my high school times. Marching band,
Disney World, dances, parties, band banquets, graduations,....the list is endless. They are
pictures of people and events that can never be replaced. Things that no one can ever
give me again. Things that I took for granted, sometimes. I guess I want this just to be a
thank you. To people and memories that I hold close to my heart. To people in the pictures
that I might show to my kids someday, and say, "Oh, those are my friends from high school.
And someday you'll have friends like that."
Trying times are these, when we are all busy trying to discover who we are and what we
want out of life. Busy trying to find the love of our life, our dream job, and 15 minutes
a week to just stop and let something sink in.... and we all thought high school was hard.
We all know now that if we could do it again, if we could go back to high school, it
would be completely different. We would care less, read less, argue less, hurt less.
We would love more, spend more time together, kiss more, and just be more.
This is not a page full of just regret, I don't want anyone to think I'm not happy with
my life the way it is now. I'm in love for the first time ever, and I feel closer to my
best friend than I ever have. I'm enjoying school more than I ever thought I could, and
I'm lucky to be alive by the time Monday comes around. Lol.
Ringing in the New Year with people I share goodtimes with was the best way I could've
done it. Cheers to you all, to old memories, to new ones, and to Greg for not throwing up...
again.
No comments:
Post a Comment