Sunday, May 02, 2004

Lately I spend a lot of time online. When nobody else is updating frequently, it gives me a reason to update. So, props to everyone else who inspired this update, you lazy sacks of shit.

I've got a whole lot of nothing to do for about 2 1/2 days (since today is mostly over). However, I have much to look forward to in the next month.

I just became very disappointed upon discovering that the new AIM does not have the 'door open' and 'door shut' sounds when people sign on and off. What the hell???

It's not nearly as warm here as it should be.

In case you didn't already know this about me, I'm the type of person who looks forward to everything. I envision all things that are going to happen to me. You know, I imagine how it's all going to play out in my head. I mean, almost every detail from the conversation, to the setting, to what I'm going to wear. And, I always assume it's going to be really really awesome. Positive visualization, if you will. It's supposed to be a really good thing to do in the way of tests, competitions, ect. So, when I get my hopes set really high, and things don't turn out as good as I visualized them, I'm kinda like....well, yea, it was an OK time. This happens to me all the time. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of incredible moments and times in my life. But disappointment sucks. My best example is always Halloween. I haven't had a really really good Halloween in a long time. Sure, they've been OK, good even. But not a really awesome, great one in YEARS. Maybe even since the homeroom parties we had in 5th grade. Did you know they stopped doing that at my elementary school? The authorities decided it wasn't fair because some kids couldn't afford a costume. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe they should have a system to make sure everyone gets to dress up if they want to. You know, donate costumes or something. But, I guess Halloween isn't that important. It is to me, but, I have been let down a lot lately by it. I'm hoping that all of the positive visualization isn't going to set me up for a lot of let-downs in the next month, because I'm thinking that the next month holds a lot of potential for awesome times. You know, the kind of times you remember all your life. That's basically the point. I don't want the next month to let me down.

This is becoming a bit rambly, and as I have been recently (read: within the past 16 hours) told, I have the ability to talk without stopping for several minutes at a time, while going off on several tangents, and then somehow make it back to the original topic.
Awesome.

No comments: