Monday, October 07, 2002

Fall Festival, Day one!


In celebration of the world's second longest street festival, a roster of events (mainly food) will be kept by yours truly. The Fall Festival was Leo and I's first date, so we love it. Tonight we were joined by Erin and Ryan, and Erin's mom Debbie for a little while. It didn't seem too crowded for it being the first night.

Loaded Potatoe Soup

(minus the chives) from Central Band Boosters! $3.00
-Their potatoe soup is filled with potatoes and it has plenty of melty cheese. This yummy appetizer warmed me up tonight!

Banana Slices w/Caramel and Chocolate Sauce

from VHS $2.00
-A little pricy, and not as good as the warm carmel ones I usually get, but the chocolate was a nice addition.

Fried Candy Bars

3 bite-size bars for $1.50
-These are miniature Snickers, Milky Way, or Three Musketeers deep fried in what I think is an eggroll shell, and sprinkled with powered sugar. I thought they were really good, like a very chocolatey chocolate chip cookie. We had the Milky Way ones. I'll definately be buying more of these this week. There is another booth selling fried candy bars that are batter-dipped in cornbread batter, similar to a corn dog. These scared us and we decided against it.

Deep Fried Twinkie

from Corpus Christi Boosters $2.00
-Ok, Ryan and I agreed that he would buy the candy bars if I would buy the Twinkie... This cream-filled calorie fest was awful. Imagine anything cake-like being deep fried;the twinkie soaked up all the grease. Ryan had the first bite, and the look on his face (along with grease covered lips) told the story. I had the second and had to run for a napkin to catch the grease which was rolling down the outside of my mouth. I gave it another nibble to satisfy my curiousity, and then in the trash it went. Case closed.

No comments: