Since I'm not enrolled in any writing classes this semester, it's Thursday night, there's an entire pan of brownies in the oven just for me, and I should be doing some homework, I thought I'd take Shane up on this one:
Five Things I've Probably Already Told You But, Having Misjudged Your Interest, Didn't Realize You Weren't Listening…and Five Extra Pieces of Half-Truths & Bullshit I Just Made Up:
1. Although I watched Disney movies as a child, it was around middle school when I realized that I thought people who wore Disney things and liked Disney accesories like pens and earrings, were stupid, lame, and otherwise boring.
This one is true. Believe it or not, I was not into Disney apparell again until I went there for my College Program. The movies? Those have always been awesome.
2. I'm actually having a very difficult time writing this, because it seems like most of the things I think of, I'm sure anyone would know about me. That's because I really willing to share myself with people and talk about things that make me who I am. I've always been that way, but it's grown recently. If you want to know anything about me you just have to ask.
True. I'll tell you anything. I enjoy sharing wisdom. Or something.
3. When I was 8 my mom took me to the dentist for a checkup because I was complaining of a toothache. I had never been to him before, but when he stuck his latex fingers in my mouth I bit him, and he bled, and afterwords he said I had 4 cavities. My mom scheduled a follow-up even though I hated him, and he actually drilled one of my teeth for about 4 minutes before my mom made him stop because I was screaming. At another dentist, they told me my teeth were fine and that it had all been for nothing.
Half-true. I did bite a dentist, but he didn't bleed. He did say I had 4 cavities, but never drilled. We just switched to another one after the biting incident who found no cavities. CAVITY FREE TO THIS DAY!
4. In the fifth grade there was a huge national poetry contest that our English teacher got our classes involved in. She helped us edit them slightly, but we all got to enter our poems. Mine made it and was published in a book that I still have a copy of.
Lie.
5. My mom told me it would be "cute" if I got a belly-button piercing when I was 17.
Strange, but true.
6. I started eating black olives and now I can't stop. I eat them on salad, pizza, sandwiches, EVERYTHING!
True. Totally addicted to 'em.
7. I had my eyes examined for a second time last year to get an updated prescription, and I tried to cheat so that I didn't have to wear glasses anymore. It didn't work and I still have a prescription, even though it's about the lowest one they make for reading glasses.
Half-true. Had an eye exam, wear reading glasses, but never tried to cheat.
8. I have tried to watch Grey's Anatomy and I just really don't like it. Call me crazy, but I may be the only person in the world who doesn't like it.
True. Sorry.
9. Last month I bought a very expensive mattress. I was told not to by a lot of people, but I really needed one. I told everyone it was because I was having a lot of back pain, but really it was because it broke, because we broke it. On accident.
Half-True. Bought a new mattress, but not because the other one was broken! It was just really killing my back.
10. I recently discovered that not only do I enjoy playing darts, but the more I play the better I get. Dusty bought me a dartboard for Christmas and since then I've gotten so good that I've entered 2 tournaments at local bars and placed 8th out of 15 and 5th out of 15.
Half-True! I do love darts and do have a dartboard, but no tournaments. That would be ridiculous.
Can you tell which ones are true? Answers next week!!!
3 comments:
The original meme involved FIVE things only, all true -- way to steal my flava. And I wouldn't calling you on it if it weren't for you delaying the answers. SUPER LAME!
Well, maybe you should be flattered. How was I supposed to know, anyway?
And maybe you should edit your sentences.
"And I wouldn't (be) calling you..."
Duh.
I tried. It wouldn't let me erase the messed up comment. (I always leave messed up comments with you for some reason....) Plus, it took me a half-hour to sign in to comment.
And you always flatter me, Kim.
--Shane
Post a Comment