If you're excited because I'm writing a new post and it's keeping you from being bored, well, you have Shane to thank.
His recent post really makes me look like a complete idiot, and so in my defense, I post this (Go read his latest on me, if you haven't already.):
First of all, the reason I try to get people practical gifts is because sometimes people need things that they don't want to go spend their own money on, for example: socks. Really nice socks. When I get a new package of socks, it's not, like, the most exciting gift, but if they're the really expensive kind and I'm running low on nice socks because mine all have holes, then that's an awesome gift IF it is coupled with something that I WANTED like, a game or something.
Secondly: I didn't get him BEADED CAR SEAT COVERS. They were $40.00 gray and black car seat covers. They were nice. And said ex-boyfriend's car seats were errupting with yellow foam and metal springs. So that was a good fucking gift.
Thirdly: The shampoo was a sentiment. I got it for him because on our first date it was something I noticed; his hair smelled good. It was not a "my best friend who I play video games and have lengthy discussions about comic books with bought me this awesome t-shirt of a cartoon character that my girlfriend doesn't understand" kind of gift, it was a VERY NICE THING TO DO. Of course, had you or said-ex understood that, it probably would make more sense.
FOURTH!: I ALSO GOT HIM THE VIDEO GAME HE WANTED WITH THOSE GIFTS.
FIFTH: The bass-guitar strap was an entirely different gift at an entirely different time.
Lastly: My gifts were not always the best, but I always put thought into them and, oh, by the way, does anyone even remember anything he ever bought me? Didn't think so. They can only remember that he was a jerk to me and I put up with a LOT of his crap (and crap from his friends), including...SIX YEARS (officially) of torment about gifts I bought him that really weren't that bad.
So. Maybe you should get your story straight before you go opening up a can of worms that's been stale now for, oh, say, 5 years?
No comments:
Post a Comment