Thursday, September 01, 2005

It seems almost meaningless to type a post at this point, but after watching CNN for about an hour now, it just feels like I should respond in some manner to what's going on.
Mass Chaos?
The President hasn't even been there yet???
Are we facing an energy crisis? (Let's hope so. We could all use more perspective.)

I just don't understand why we weren't MORE prepared for this. I know there's not much use in looking back on the 'should-haves' but really, what were we thinking would happen?
It seems kind of strange, also, in contrast to what happened in New York. They were bragging on how friendly and compassionate strangers were to one another, how everyone landed a hand, and SO cooperative. Why aren't people helping one another now? Why are they killing and raping and leaving the dead at the side of the road?

When there was no preparation for disaster in New York, we did pretty good, seemingly.

Asking people to drive less in America is like asking them to use less oxygen when breathing. I'll be surprised if anyone pays attention to them.

I have a volunteer project coming up for one of my classes. I'm going to suggest the Red Cross for my group and see if we can get together some money or a care package or something.

No comments: