So I've had a loooooong week here in the little apple. Basically 40 hours in the photo lab ends up feelings like about 90 by the time it's Friday. I just hate being there. Infact, I've got it down to exactly what I like and dislike.
I dislike working with the people I work with, because they're uptight and constricting and not fun. There are minor exceptions, but I won't name names. I dislike not having enough help and having to do twice as much work as I should have to. Especially since I make $1.50 less than I made at Sam's. I dislike being told what to do by anyone who is not my boss. I like helping customers. I like helping customers find exactly what they need. I like giving customers more than they expect. I dislike demanding people, impatient people, rude people, and people who assume I am incapable of helping them because I'm a girl, a young girl, young, or just another lazy college student.
So. I want another job but not because I don't like the lab. Because I don't like my envoronment.
Last night I got a terrible haircut. I gave the lady a picture of ME with a haircut I USED TO HAVE and she STILL SCREWED it up. Enough of that, though.
Today when I got to the movie theatre I felt great. I was glad to be there. Then, my manager presented me with a $30 check and a certificate because last weekened I had a secret shopper and I upsold them! Yay! Something FINALLY paid off! Then I got to sit at a table all night and try to get people to donate money to the Children's Miracle Netowrk. If you've never worked a table trying to get people to DONATE, you have no idea how hard it is. People don't generally want to be bothered. Especially when they just got raped of all their money for tickets and overpriced snacks. The best comment I got all night:
Girl to friend, passing me: Oh, I got all my hopes up...I though she was selling Girl Scout cookies.
Tomorrow I have the afternoon off and I can't wait. I think I'm going to buy some clothes with my bonus check. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment