Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Jellyrolls is awesome. They play great songs. Every single time. Like last night, it was nothing short of awesome.
And everyone sings along with them at the top of their lungs, in a drunken or sober manner. It's so awesome....

Just a small town girl!! Livin' in a lonely woooorld!! Took a midnight train goin' aaaanywheerrree!!!!
Don't stop! Believin'! Just hold on to that feeeeeelin'!!!!


That's my new favorite. They haven't played 'Tiny Dancer' in a while, so you've gotta be flexible.

Also, a brief story about last night, since I haven't really told any other 'recap stories' yet. Ok.

So, I get there at around 12:30 to meet everyone (because I work late) and we're sitting right by the stage, which is a little annoying because they have huge mirrors tilted down so everyone in the bar can see whose in the front row. But, anyway we sit there. There are these people dancing in between us and the stage, like, in the whole 2 feet of space there. Not just dancing, like...dirtier than dirty dancing. A guy and two girls.

Ok, I mean like, seductive ass-in-your-face, grinding, girating, tongue twirling, breast-fondling, hip-movin', ass shakin' dancing, seriously. And, apparently, the guy is gay. Are you kidding me? These two girls are getting more action than I've had in like, 2 months. Ridiculous. So....he sits at our table after a while to bum a cigarette from Aubree. And then we talk to him, because, Sarah and I had agreed he was pretty hot. But, gay. But, how the hell can he be gay and dance like that with other girls???

We talk to him and find that he admits to be about 80-20. That is, 80% gay, 20% not gay. Whatever. I knew it. He likes girls, too. Ridiculous. Anyway. It was the one girl's birthday, and they were there to celebrate. So, what is with that? Is that so wrong and unfair? What is with gay guys who can dance that dirty with girls, and, it's OK because they "technically" like guys?

And, where can I find one?

No comments: