I just got home from having, not only a wonderfuly-fun day, but also doing one of the nicest things I've done for a stranger in possibly my whole life, and I didn't get paid or bribed to do it. It was out of the kindness of my heart. And it's not what you're thinking. Freaks.
Well, for starters today it was the girls' day in the photo lab. What's more fun than 3 crazy chiquitas running the joint, bashing people, giggling, and eating candy (shhhh!)?
Then, on to dinner....Casey, Katy, and I had Two Brothers Chinese (food, not people) for dinner.....mmmm....
Logically, next, a movie: How To Deal. I soooo have a crush on Mandy Moore.
Next: Showplace Dance Party, cock-blocked by Sam. Some stupid 17-year-olds were hitting on us/making fun of us. Yea, I had definately denied these kids R-rated movies at the box office in the past, so assistance was needed. It was so freakkin' hot and humid, though, that we had to call it a night and move on to sodas and icees at the gas station
Yes, Kim, but what about the 'kindness of your heart' story?
Ok. Here it is.
I wait for Sam to get out of work at Showplace, which was around 12:45. We find a couple in the parking lot trying to jump their car, and it's not working, it's dark, it's hot....basically, nobody's happy. Fear not, Kim has the "Stranded Kit" including screwdrivers (tools not liquor, although that may be helpful too if you get stranded...), flashlights, pocket knife, lighter, matches, oil, antifreeze..you name it I got it. But, alas, none of this could help the poor stranded souls, so with Sam riding shotgun, I took the couple to the gas station for a phone book. That was no help, so I actually drove them home. I am such a good person. I hope that this warm fuzzy feeling lasts quite a while...
Especially since tomorrow I work NINE HOURS.....blech....
No comments:
Post a Comment